Jan 22, 2015
Episode 32: Keep it Simple: One-year discipleship plan
In an age where college students are busier than ever, how can you make sure they grasp the essentials of faith? In this episode, Steve Lutz shares a strategy for “one-year discipleship,” that focuses on creating disciples who will have the knowledge and experiences needed to be faithful Christ-followers for life.
Steve Lutz // Pastor with Calvary Church, State College, PA; Author of College Ministry in a Post Christian Culture and King of the Campus @stephenlutz firstname.lastname@example.org stephenlutz.net
- “As college students continue to be busier than ever, we assume that we’re only going to have students around, involved, and engaged for one year. If we only have them for a year, what do we do with them?”
- Boil down one-year teaching plan to essential topics. Because they are fundamental, everyone needs to hear them every year.
- Core topics include: “What is the gospel?” “Connecting people to Christ, Community, and Calling”
- College ministers need to take the long view. Are we giving them what they need to thrive 10 years down the road?
- “Major on the Majors” and “Keep it Simple.” Good mantras for the college pastor.
Links we talked about:
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective
about the author
Steve Lutz is the lead pastor of Wellspring Church in State College, PA Penn State University. He is also the author of two books, King of the Campus (2013) and College Ministry in a Post-Christian Culture (2011). He frequently speaks and writes on college ministry-related issues, and consults with college ministries across the country.
about the author
Designer. Dreamer. Programmer. Designer.
- Important News from Collegiate Collective
- The Fuel and the Flame at 15 – Time for an update!
- Whole Students for the Whole Mission of God
- Reach Internationals While the Window is Open
- Do Not Fret the End of the Semester
- Gaining Cultural Intelligence
- How Church Planting Changed Everything About Our College Ministry
- Back to campus
- best idea ever
- bible study
- campus administration
- church planting
- community college
- commuter students
- Daniel Im
- equipping students
- grad students
- International Students
- leadership development
- Local Church
- mental health
- multigenerational church
- Para Church
- peyton jones
- russell moore
- small groups
- social media
- student leaders
- summer project
- time management
- tyler reagin
- virtual assistant
- worship service