Feb 17, 2017
Golden Opportunities for College Ministry Amid Culture Shifts on Campus
In the midst of an ever-changing culture in the world and on the campus, leaders are faced with difficult choices. In this video, two experts on the topic discuss what the posture of the Christian leader should be and the incredible opportunities for ministry that this culture shifts it presents.
Steve Lutz (Calvary Church – State College, PA)
Jeff Dodge (Cornerstone – Ames, IA)
- Culture is always changing and the college campus is often on the leading edge of these shifts.
- The emerging generation longs for impact through causes of justice and mercy, and for intimacy through deep community.
- Social networking may have contributed to a greater degree of polarization and narcissism than in previous generations.
- The Christian leader should be aware of the changing culture not to fearfully distance themselves, but to engage with wisdom and sound doctrine adorned with good works.
Questions to consider:
- Can you identify three positive opportunities that are a result of the current culture on your campus?
- Can you identify three opportunities to intersect brokenness in the current culture on your campus?
Links and additional resources:
about the author
Jeff Dodge serves as a Teaching Pastor at Cornerstone Church in Ames, IA. He is also Director of the Cornerstone School of Theology.
about the author
Stephen Lutz is a pastor with Calvary Church in State College, PA and works among students at Penn State University. He is also the author of two books, King of the Campus (2013) and College Ministry in a Post-Christian Culture (2011). He frequently speaks and writes on college ministry-related issues, and consults with college ministries across the country. Steve lives with his wife and 3 children in Boalsburg, PA.
- Back to campus
- best idea ever
- bible study
- campus administration
- church planting
- community college
- commuter students
- equipping students
- grad students
- International Students
- leadership development
- Local Church
- multigenerational church
- Para Church
- peyton jones
- small groups
- student leaders
- summer project
- virtual assistant
- worship service