Jun 02, 2016
Episode 102: Spiritual Friendship
Evangelism Through Relationship
Today Erik Dunkin joins us to talk about how Prairie Lakes Church encourages relationship based evangelism within their college ministry. Erik talks about the Journey to Spiritual Friendship tool that Prairie Lakes has developed that can be applied to any stage of a relationship with a non-christian. Erik Dunkin is the college pastor at Prairie Lakes Church in Iowa .
Erik Dunkin // College Pastor at Prairie Lakes Church // @ErikDunkin
- The Journey to Spiritual Friendship is a tool that guides students in how to invite/invest/talk with people in their life. (1:10-1:30)
- Evangelism can feel very awkward or it can feel very natural.
- Evangelism is far less awkward when it is based within deeper relationships
- The first key is an invitation to friendship.
- The second key moment is an invitation to investigating Jesus.
- This is a grid that can be put on top of any relationship within your life.
- For this to work you must have both Christian truth and Christian community.
- This tool helps students to realize that they can talk about the Gospel and spirituality with their non-christian friends.
Free Resource Download:
Links we talked about:
Master Plan Evangelism (Robert Coleman)
Gospel Personal Evangelism (Mark Dever)
Space at the table (Brad Harper)
You are what you love (James K. A. Smith)
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective
about the author
Erik is a Badger at heart, with his undergrad degree from the University of Wisconsin in Madison; and is also an alumni of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School outside Chicago, where he got his MDiv. He’s previously been on staff with The Navigators, and is now the College Pastor at Prairie Lakes Church with theRiver College Ministry, which primarily serves the University of Northern Iowa.
- Back to campus
- best idea ever
- bible study
- campus administration
- church planting
- community college
- commuter students
- Daniel Im
- equipping students
- grad students
- International Students
- leadership development
- Local Church
- mental health
- multigenerational church
- Para Church
- peyton jones
- russell moore
- small groups
- social media
- student leaders
- summer project
- time management
- tyler reagin
- virtual assistant
- worship service