Feb 16, 2017
Episode 139: Planting Churches in Catholic Cathedrals
Today, Christian Lachance and Chad Vandiver join us to talk about planting churches in repurposed Catholic Cathedrals in Quebec and how they are reaching the city. Christian is a lead pastor and church planter in Quebec. Chad Vandiver is the SEND Missionary to Montreal.
Christian Lachance // Lead Pastor Mosaic Community Church //
Chad Vandiver // SEND Missionary for Montreal // firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quebec is a post catholic city.
- It is important to show them that the church is more than a building.
- In order to use the facilities it took time to build the relationship with the priests and those in the Catholic community there.
- Everything will work better and you the gospel will be communicated more effectively when you have healthy relationships in the area.
- When working in a post-christian area you must communicate in a way they can understand.
- You can’t assume they know basic things about the Bible, liturgy, etc.
- It may be an effective strategy to try and buy and repurpose buildings from Anglicans or Catholics.
- How can you help?
- You can come to a vision tour. Contact Chad for more information, his email is listed above.
- Pray for Quebec, Chad and Christian.
- Help with festivals and share the Gospel.
- Finances are a big need currently.
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective