Feb 23, 2017
Episode 140: Turning Vision Into Reality
Resonate’s Goal To Plant 17 Churches in 6 Years
Today, Josh Martin and Juan Cuevas join us to talk about how you can turn a vision of being a church that plants churches into a reality. Martin and Cuevas are a part of Resonate Church in Washington which has a vision of planting 21 churches by 2021.
Josh Martin // Worship Pastor Resonate Church // @joshmmartin
Juan Cuevas // Multiplier & Worship Leader Resonate EWU //@J_JuanC
- Resonate has a vision called 21×21.
- The plan is to have 21 churches planted by 2021.
- Goal is after three years to plant a church and then plant a church every year thereafter.
- You have to create a culture of sending in order to have a church plant that plants churches.
- It is imperative to have an intentional student leader pipeline.
- Utilize summer programs and give them opportunity to lead and own ministry.
- Exposure and training are necessary in the process.
- Missions trips can be critical.
- Have expectations for multiplication and that they will be sent.
- 3-2-1 Metric for house churches and future leaders.
- 3 People baptized from their house church
- 2 People Saved
- 1 Disciple made
- Look for the David not the Saul.
- 2 year ask.
- Every year Resonate asks students who are graduating to commit to joining a church plant for two years after graduation.
- The key to this being successful is your vision being clear and you also being committed to it as well.
- Have ready staff.
- Have staff members that are experienced and have lived out the church and are ready to go on a church plant.Martin (@joshmmartin) | Twitter
- Staff raises support so they have the ability to move where the church plant is needed.
- Trust the Lord to use young leaders to plant churches.
Links We Talked About
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective