Apr 20, 2017
Episode 148: Lifeplanning
Why Every College Student Needs It
Today, David Mitchell and Luke Francis join us to talk about LifePlanning and how a process can help you to plan your life and develop action steps to find where your gifts and heart intersect.
David Mitchell // President of the Paterson Center //@dmitchelltweets
Luke Francis // Executive Pastor First Baptist Church Vandalia //@lukefrancis
- What is LifePlanning?
- It is a process that helps individuals and organizations find the purpose that God has saved them for.
- It is about seeing your place in God’s Story.
- Answering big questions like why am here and things like that.
- Then it helps you make a plan.
- This is about pausing and zooming out to get perspective.
- This helps you find where you are going and help develop a plan to get there.
- This is an intensive process and helps to get clarity.
- This walks you through difficult times and reveals your life story.
- This helps to process things about your life that you may not have spent time thinking about.
- What is the goal of this process?
- To leave with clarity and focus for their life.
- This helps break down practically what you need to do to achieve your goal.
- The goal is to find the intersection of your talents and heart that God has given you.
- What are the potential benefits?
- It helps you to design a life that leverages your talents in your personal life and in your community.
- It can help you to understand your convictions and how they have been developed through your life narrative.
- It will help you to say yes to the right things and no to the things that don’t fit.
- What if I can’t afford it?
- Ask your friends about yourself.
- Read books that make you think about your life.
Links We Talked About
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective