Apr 27, 2017
Episode 149: Intergenerational Churches
Designing churches that engage generations together
Today, Rudy Hartmann and Zach Yentzer join us to talk about engaging millennials and the importance of having intergenerational churches.
Rudy Hartmann // Church Planting Candidate: Salt Network //@HartmannRudy
Zach Yentzer // 100 Creative Cities //@ZachYentzer
- The multi generational myth.
- Often churches target different generations with different services.
- Ideas can be shared and mentoring can happen when different generations are together.
- Do the generations share life together throughout the week?
- Interaction is the important part of multigenerational model to be impactful.
- Generational diversity is important
- Messaging from the pastor can make a big impact in this being your church’s paradigm.
- Churches and organizations that get the different generations to work together are the ones that make an impact.
- Don’t put each generation into a box.
- People want to push past their preferences to experience a different type of church.
- Diversity creates a better expression of the church.
Links We Talked About
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective