Jul 27, 2017
Episode 159: Freshman Fifteen
Sharing the Gospel with 1500 freshman in 15 days
Mitchell Johnson, a College Ministry Director of Redeemer Church reaching out to Texas Tech, shares about the strategy called Freshman Fifteen. The goal of Freshman Fifteen is to share the gospel with 1500 freshman in the first 15 days. Check out this episode to find out how.
Mitchell Johnson // Director of College Ministry at Redeemer Lubbock // @_mitchj
- How to reach Freshman in the first 15 days?
- Freshman 15 – A way to share the gospel with 1500 students at Texas Tech in the first 15 days.
- “The earlier we get students the gospel the better.”
- The goal is the train students to be the next missionaries and church planters.
- The way they want to reach that goal is to start with freshman.
- FISH Acronym
- Find Freshman
- Interest Them in Jesus
- Sharing the Gospel
- Help Them Make a Decision
- Students meeting students
- Fun events, house party, etc.
- The Mission is to Connect, Equip, Mobilize the Students
- All of this is leading up to a Fall Retreat
- It is half off for Freshman.
- The goal to be more successful is to focus on freshmen!
- Don’t attack the Campus alone but raise up a team around you to do it.
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective