Oct 10, 2017
Episode 166: Going From Leader To Planter
Leadership Pipelines with Resonate Church
Today, Keith Weiser and Craig Lovelace join us to talk about church leadership pipelines and how you can take a student from leader to planter.
Keith Weiser // Lead Pastor Resonate Church
Craig Lovelace // Executive Director Resonate Network
- Purpose of pipeline: to be who God wants them to be
- Win of the pipeline: Third generation disciple (Disciple who makes Disciples)
- Start with freshmen because if you reach freshmen you reach the world
- Having a leadership results in:
- A structure to create growth
- A vision for the ministry
- Clarity to be effective
- A pipeline helps you stop spending time and energy on what’s not developing leaders
Steps to developing a leadership pipeline:
- Step 1: Take an assessment of every single thing you do as a ministry.
- Step 2: Ask “What are our students experiencing through our ministry?”
- Step 3: Ask “What are the competencies being developed from what we do?”
- Step 4: Look and see if a pipeline already exists through the previous steps that you didn’t notice before.
- Step 5: Form a pipeline based on those things being done on accident. Form it based on what rises to the top.
4-5 meetings with 4-5 different people and ask: How did you get engaged with what we do here? How did you lead yourself, how did you move to leading other people?
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective