Today, Rahul talked with Jonathan Webster about Sanctuary Church, Canada and how they are reaching students in Canada. Sanctuary has an incredible story about how they became a college-focused church and why they value being a church that meets on campus.
Jonathan Webster // Lead Pastor of the Sanctuary Church in Oakville
- Let the Holy Spirit clear the space he will align the people with the vision.
- We weren’t going to be a threat. We want to be a gospel conversationalist.
- You have to keep going back to the vision. Ask why do we exist? Then, highlight all the favor God has given.
- People get excited when they see young adults begin to lead in the church.
3 ways to earn favor with the campus:
- Pay your bills on time or early
- Ask, “Is there anything we can help with?” or “Is there anything you are struggling with?”
- Leave the space cleaner than you found it
4 things to remind yourself and your church:
- Understand that the harvest is plentiful
- Be bold in your vision
- Be obedient to the call
- Never stop running through the doors that God opens
Connect with Jonathan:
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective
about the author
Jonathan Webster is an experienced entrepreneur and visionary with a proven track record of helping churches and organizations move from ineffectiveness and decline, to growth and vitality. As Lead Pastor of the Sanctuary Church in Oakville, he is driven by the desire to multiply churches and young leaders who are successful in bringing the Gospel to a multicultural, metamodernist society. Jonathan’s hobbies include hockey, gaming, and the Liverpool football club.
about the author
Designer. Dreamer. Programmer. Designer.
- Important News from Collegiate Collective
- The Fuel and the Flame at 15 – Time for an update!
- Whole Students for the Whole Mission of God
- Reach Internationals While the Window is Open
- Do Not Fret the End of the Semester
- Gaining Cultural Intelligence
- How Church Planting Changed Everything About Our College Ministry
- Back to campus
- best idea ever
- bible study
- campus administration
- church planting
- community college
- commuter students
- Daniel Im
- equipping students
- grad students
- International Students
- leadership development
- Local Church
- mental health
- multigenerational church
- Para Church
- peyton jones
- russell moore
- small groups
- social media
- student leaders
- summer project
- time management
- tyler reagin
- virtual assistant
- worship service