Apr 09, 2015
Episode 43: Training Up Twentysomethings
If we want students to successfully transition to adulthood, they have to be trained and prepared to step into mature community with God, with other people, and with self. In this episode, Jesse Eubanks (Executive Director of Love Thy Neighborhood) shares practical ways that college ministers can help their students flourish in the transition to young adulthood.
- Many college students are “ill-equipped” to handle the next stage of life. There is a dangerous “gross naievity” about them that must be addressed by collegiate ministry leaders.
- To help students transition from college to young adult life, collegiate ministers should consider offering intentional, specific counseling and training for graduating seniors.
- Consider inviting local Christian leaders who are experts in the fields of finance, family, career, etc. to lead workshops for seniors in your ministry.
- 5 Pieces of Advice for Young Adults
- Get with God’s people – Who will be my community?
- Get into God’s Word – What is the truth, and what does it mean?
- Get into God’s mission – What is the need, and where can I help?
- Get with God Himself – How is my relationship with the Father?
- Get to know yourself – Who am I, and how am I wired?
Links we talked about:
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective