Feb 18, 2016
Episode 87: Give me freshmen, or give me death!
This week’s episode brings the third of our three-part installment from Ames, IA, as Mark Vance, Director of Salt Co. joins us on the podcast. Last week you heard about the Theology of the Gospel course. Now, hear how that, and other strategies work practically in reaching freshmen. As they say in Iowa, “Give me freshmen, or give me death!”
Jordan Adams // Freshmen Ministry Leader – Salt Co. // saltcompany.com/
- If you want to build an effective ministry:
- #1 – Reach freshmen the day they arrive to campus
- #2 – Quickly pull them into community, discipleship, and leadership
- Freshmen ministry is not a single event. Freshmen ministry should be part of every event.
- Two initial goals in freshmen ministry:
- #1 – Name recognition of ministry
- #2 – Individual relationships (name recognition of freshmen)
- Relationships are the atmosphere where the gospel makes the most sense.
- To move freshmen ministry into leadership, use the constant drip of student leadership on all students in the Fall, which becomes a waterfall in the Spring.
- Don’t let the vision be driven by the programs – let the vision drive the programs.
- In case you missed last week’s episode, be sure to download the Theology of the Gospel course for free at the links below.
- To experience Salt Company first-hand, and learn alongside other collegiate leaders, be sure to register for the Hitchhiker’s Conference, April 14-16, 2016. http://www.hitchhikerssaltco.com/ Registration closes February 24, so don’t delay!
Connect with us:
Facebook: Collegiate Collective